C: behind the CAMERA lens + altered CANs

behind the CAMERA lens

For my “C” week, I decided to make a LO about myself, a first I might add. I had fun making this girlie LO for a change.


With this LO, I challenged myself to break away from my usual linear pages and just experiment. With this output, I think I have achieved that. Placing my photos and embellishment at an angle really made a lot of difference and I’m happy with the end result.


Another challenge I tackled is to use multiple papers in one LO. It may be easy to some but not to me. I find it hard to layer papers mainly because I don’t want to waste too many. I’m a practical scrapper, if I can get away with using just 2 patterned papers then I’d do it. But the look of layered LOs really appealed to me so I just had to try it. What I found out while doing this, is that you don’t really need to use a lot, the trick is to just cut out enough paper that will show in the finished project. Like the white floral paper in the background, it’s really just 3 inches by 5 inches but when you look at it, it seems like a 10”x5”, right? ;-)For the rest of the papers, like the one peaking thru the focal photo and the stripe at the bottom, they are all scraps from previous projects. So for this page, instead of me using 2 PPs I managed to use 4, not bad! 🙂


For the title, I used my Cuttlebug die-cutting machine for the “behind” and “lens” and for the “CAMERA”, since I don’t have the color I wanted, I just painted the wood letters with Making Memories Acrylic paint and stamped an image to add visual interest.


Up close:



Supplies & tools used:

Prima Patterned Papers, Sasha Collection
DCWV Cardstock
JO-ANN Paper
MAMBI paper – stripe
Prima & Petaloo Flowers
K&Company journaling card
Foam sheet
Wooden letters
Assorted buttons
Lace ribbon
Cuttlebug Machine
Making Memories Funcky Vintage acrylic paint
StazOn and Colorbox ink pads
EK Success & imaginisce clear stamps
Fiskars Threading Water border puncher

That’s it for my page now unto my altered cans.

Altered Cans


These are the cans that hold the 5” Prima flowers. I decided to alter these to use as my rubber stamp storage.

the supplies…

suppliesblack cartolina + felt ribbon

The process is really simple. I used black cartolina to cover it up…


…and I added the felt ribbon and flowers  as accents.


For the label, I traced a flower shape unto a cardstock cut it out and painted it to match the hot pink ribbon lace, then I stamped it… adhered it to a background paper… glued it to the can and that’s it. Really simple and easy to do project.


And here is the finished project. I did not put a label on the other can ‘coz I still don’t know what to put in it. Anyway, these cans now sit on top of my embellishment center.

That’s it for now. Stay tuned for our “D” week. Thanks for dropping by.



One Response

  1. hey nice 😀 i like your layout.

    i don’t think i got that hot pink felt ribbon … i must admit i bought out the whole lot at National Bkstore when i was there!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: